Saturday, February 20, 2010

Journal 4

Who is Bruce Mao? He is a well-known as a graphic designer and his innovative communication design. He is Chief Creative Officer of Bruce Mau Design, and was most noticed when he worked an award winning book with Rem Koolhass.


On his website bruce Mao outlines several mantras in which he believes contribute to the bettering of design. I choose #1.


1. Allow events to change you.
You have to be willing to grow. Growth is different from something that happens to you. You produce it. You live it. The prerequisites for growth: the openness to experience events and the willingness to be changed by them.


I picked number one because i feel that i do not step out of my comfort zone and experiment. I instead will stay around people and places that I am comfortable with and therefore not change. Last year I was afraid to change who I was and that I would lose sight of who I am. I realized that branching out and trying new things, within reason, can only help me grow as a person. I am going to continue to do so and hope for the best and that I will be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment