Sunday, January 24, 2010

Quotes for Concept Statement

Paramore "Conspiracy"
Please speak softly, for they will hear us
And they'll find out why we don't trust them
Speak up dear, 'cause I cannot hear you
I need to know why we don't trust them

Explain to me this conspiracy against me
And tell me how I've lost my power

Where can I turn? 'Cause I need something more
Surrounded by uncertainty, I'm so unsure
Tell me why I feel so alone
'Cause I need to know to whom do I owe

Explain to me this conspiracy against me
And tell me how I've lost my power

I thought that we'd make it
Because you said that we'd make it through
And when all security fails
Will you be there to help me through?

"Misguided Ghosts"
I'm going away for a while
But I'll be back
Don't try to follow me
'Cause I'll return as soon as possible
See, I'm trying to find my place
But it might not be here where I feel safe
We all learn to make mistakes...

And run from them, from them
With no direction
We'll run from them, from them
With no conviction


Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress.
Bruce Barton


Men of authority have employed all the destructive agents around them to promote their own personal interests at the sacrifice of every just, honorable, and lawful consideration.
John White Geary


Lies, deception
back-stabbing, revenge
that's the world I live in
so many people have taken advange of me
without sorrow, without regret ~Unknown


Ambition drove many men to become false; to have one thought locked in the breast, another ready on the tongue.
Sallust


Every violation of truth is not only a sort of suicide in the liar, but is a stab at the health of human society.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


Deadly Weapons

We have the right to state opposition
the thirst for power and profit
we're members of the family now
bitter memories still haunt
deadly weapons life shells are not the only danger
we shoot we ride fast we shoot again
terminal friends soldiers of fortune
awake all night, I'll wait all night, I'll wait for the light
lookin' at the wall should I stay or should I go
we have the right to state our position
the crave for profit and power
dismembered from the family now
waiting for a final call
deadly weapons life shells are not the only danger
we shoot we ride fast we shoot again
terminal friends soldiers of fortune
awake all night...
lookin' at the wall
the poverty surrounding me
the treasure that no one can see
the poverty surrounding me
the bloody hands that hold the key


Evanescene "Everybody's Fool"
Perfect by nature
Icons of self indulgence
Just what we all need
More lies about a world that

Never was and never will be
Have you no shame? Don't you see me?
You know you've got everybody fooled

Look here she comes now
Bow down and stare in wonder
Oh how we love you
No flaws when you're pretending
But now I know she

Never was and never will be
You don't know how you've betrayed me
And somehow you've got everybody fooled

Without the mask, where will you hide?
Can't find yourself lost in your lie

Gorefest, "False"

Expose yourself
As being honest living a good Christian life
Pretend to care for the really poor
With your charity they'll survive
TV-shows to raise huge funds
For refugees left to die
Flee from poverty, caused by war
Fought with weapons your provided

No comments:

Post a Comment